While browsing the web, you’ve probably come across websites that have popular articles or recent posts section. Showcasing the popular posts helps your website users to find the best content provided by you and this will in turn boost your page views. If you are also looking to add popular posts on your wordpress site, then you are looking at the right place. In this journal, we will try to explore the top 10 trending popular posts plugins for wordpress site.
Showing Popular Posts on Your WordPress Site
Before you choose a plugin to show off your most popular content, you may want to decide where do you want to show the popular posts on your website. You can show it on the front page, categories/tags pages, single posts, or you can even show them on every page of your website. This allows the users to move around on your website and get more pageviews for your recently trending articles.
Let’s take a look at some of the best popular posts plugins for WordPress.
#Wordpress Popular Posts
With over 300,000+ active installs, WordPress Popular Posts is a highly customizable widget that displays the most popular posts on your blog.
- Multi-widget capable. That is, you can have several widgets of WordPress Popular Posts on your blog – each with its own settings!
- Time Range – list those posts of your blog that have been the most popular ones within a specific time range (eg. last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc.)!
- Custom Post-type support. Wanna show other stuff than just posts and pages?
- Display a thumbnail of your posts!
- Use your own layout! WPP is flexible enough to let you customize the look and feel of your popular posts!
- WPML support!
- WordPress Multisite support!
#Top 10 – Popular posts plugin for WordPress
With over 30,000+ active installs, Top 10 is an easy to use, yet, powerful WordPress plugin that will count the number of page views of your posts, pages and any custom post types. You can then display the page view counts as well as display your most popular posts.
Top 10 will add a widget that you can use to display the popular posts list.
- Page counter: Counts page views on single posts, pages and custom post types on an hourly basis which can then be easily displayed automatically, using shortcodes or functions.
- Popular posts: Display a list of popular posts either for total counts or for a custom period. You can choose how many posts are to be displayed along with loads of other customisation options
- Widget ready: Sidebar widgets available for daily popular and overall popular posts. Highly customizable widgets to control what you want to display in the list of posts
- Shortcodes: The plugin includes two shortcodes
[tptn_views]to display the posts list and the number of views respectively
- Thumbnail support
- Support for WordPress post thumbnails. Top 10 will create a custom image size (tptn_thumbnail) with the dimensions specified in the Settings page
- Auto-extract the first image in your post to be displayed as a thumbnail
- Manually enter the URL of the thumbnail via WordPress meta fields. Specify this using the meta box in your Edit screens.
- Exclusions: Exclude posts from select categories from appearing in the top posts list. Also exclude posts by ID from appearing in the list
- Styles: The output is wrapped in CSS classes which allows you to easily style the list. You can enter your custom CSS styles from within WordPress Admin area or use the style included.
- Admin interface: View list of daily and/or overall popular posts from within the dashboard. Top 10 also adds two sortable columns to your All Posts and All Pages pages in your WordPress Admin area
- Works with caching plugins like WP-Super-Cache, W3 Total Cache or Quick Cache
- Extendable code: Top 10 has tonnes of filters and actions that allow any developer to easily add features, edit outputs, etc.
Related posts (aaa+) Yuzo is intended to show related post plugin as accurate as possible, also has multiple features with more customization options +60 much as structure as design.
Also in this new version features a super widget to display related or the best post your wordpress blog. This fast to use and configure intuitive and the best thing is free.
Displays related post your stories with different features of text and image size.
- The fastest: Yuzo is considered one of the fastest of all time plugins in WordPress.
- RTL ready!
- Cache: Now Yuzo cache uses the images and sql to make your site faster.
- Post related manually: With this you can add a post that you want to be related to another post.
- Minimalist: It has a minimalist design with interesting effects.
- New Metabox: The new metabox is something you want to know.
- Yuzo Widget: You can see it in the widget and is a super widget.
- Customizing text: Allows you to customize the text in many ways, colors, etc …
- Counter: Check the amounts of visits to your post have by Yuzo.
- Dashboard (Post): Display visits in the list of post in administration.
- Productivity: All tools and options needed to take advantage of the plugin.
- Post Type. (post,page,attachment, other types)
- Style: Horizontal & Vertical
- Categories on which related thumbnails will appear.
- Thumbnail size.
- Height & Width image.
- Background Color.
- Displays your post visits (visits counter by post)
- Show related only in a specific page/post
- And more options.
#Relevant – Related, Featured, Latest, and Popular Posts by BestWebSoft
Relevant plugin displays related, latest, popular, and featured posts on your WordPress website. Customize widgets, change the appearance, number of popular posts, and much more.
Highlight and display relevant information for your readers!
- Choose different position for related, featured, latest, and popular posts:
- Before content
- After content
- Use separate shortcodes to add related, featured, latest, and popular posts to:
- Custom post types
- Add related, featured, latest, and popular posts to the widgets area
- Change related, featured, latest, and popular posts:
- Number of posts
- Display related posts in posts and pages based on:
- Meta keyword
- Display latest posts from a certain category
- Display popular posts for current category
- Mark any post or page as a featured
- Set featured posts:
- Inner content width
- Section width
- Customize featured posts color:
- Section background
- Text background
- Section title
- Learn more link
- Changing featured posts with reloading
- Set the default popular and latest posts image if post image is missing
- Customize Read More text and Set the excerpt length for latest and popular posts
- Display additional popular post info:
- Number of views
- Post date
- Featured image
- Display additional latest post info:
- Reading time
- Comments number
- Featured image
- Sort popular posts by number of:
- Compatible with latest WordPress version
- Incredibly simple settings for fast setup without modifying code
- Detailed step-by-step documentation and videos
#Popular Posts by Webline
Popular Posts will list all the posts as per the filters applied from the admin side.
- It display posts by applying the filters available like Sort By Comments or Sort By Post Views Count.
- It also has filter for date which shows posts as per the Time Span(In Days) selected.
- Posts can also be displayed as per the Category selection.
- Control for showing Comments.
- Control for showing Post Views Count.
- Control for showing Post Date.
- Control for showing Featured Image with required Width, Height and Alignment.
- Control for showing Excerpt with required Excerpt Length.
- Control for set Read More Text.
- Control for Exclude Current Post.
- Control for showing Date in Relative Format.
We hope this article helped you find the best popular posts plugin for WordPress.