In this journal entry, we will be having a look at AngularJS vs jQuery. We will also try to list down some of the best features available in both of these technologies. But before diving deep into this topic lets first understand these topics in slight more details.
AngularJS utilizes HTML’s syntax as your template language and develop the components of your application compactly. Dependency Injection and data binding, few of the features of AngularJS helps to eliminate major chunk of the code which otherwise had to be written.
To read more about the features offered by AngularJS, please check this journal entry, “Features and Benefits of AngularJS”.
Let’s have a look at some of the pros and cons for using AngularJS.
- Easy to learn
- Perfect for Single Page Applications
- Easy to unit test
- Code less, get more functionality
- Provided re-usability with the help of components
- Applications written in AngularJS are not that secure.
Using jQuery, we can:
- easily manipulate the contents of a webpage
- apply styles to make UI more attractive
- easy DOM traversal
- effects and animation
- simple to make AJAX calls and
- utilities and much more… etc.
Now we have a slight understanding of what these two technologies exactly are and capable of, let’s look at some of the differences and features of AngularJS and jQuery.
AngularJS vs jQuery
[table id=6 /]